About the Charities We Support
Ronald McDonald House of SNJ provides a home-away-from-home to families of seriously ill and traumatically injured children who are being treated at nearby hospitals and operates Ronald McDonald House Family Rooms within pediatric units of hospitals across the Southern New Jersey region.
How To Find Us:
Ronald McDonald House of Southern NJ
550 Mickle Blvd
Camden, NJ 08103
E-mail: [email protected]
The Camden County Animal Shelter was built in 1997 by the Camden County Board of Chosen Freeholders in response to the overwhelming stray/unwanted animal population in the county that overburdened other local shelters. The shelter provides refuge for over 4,000 animals per year.
CCAS’s primary goal is to significantly lower the number of animals we must kill each year. We aim for the day when we are a very limited-kill facility, destroying only a small number of animals that are truly unadoptable due to severe illness, old age or aggression.
To accomplish this we will:
- work to find permanent loving homes for orphaned animals
- always strive to gain maximum exposure/adoption possibilities for the animals
- work to reunite lost pets with their owners
Other goals include:
- reducing pet overpopulation by promoting and performing spay/neuter
- promoting the proper care and treatment of all animals
- guarding the public safety from animals roaming at large and the spread of disease
- providing health care, socialization, good living conditions and training to shelter animals